This stately home is located on one of the best streets in the charming Baker Park neighborhood. The street is a short walk to historic downtown Frederick~s shops and restaurants. Enjoy summer concerts and fantastic walking paths in Baker Park, which is located just steps away. Constructed in 1937, the approximately 6000 square foot home was renovated in 2014 to suit modern standards while retaining its historic charm. In addition to all new plumbing and electric, the home was modernized with a central vacuum system, Fujitsu mini-split HVAC, natural gas boiler, and a new hot water heater. The kitchen was completely renovated with new cabinetry, soapstone counters, a french blue Lacanche range, and heated floors in the banquette dining area. The spacious living room has a natural gas fireplace and access to the side porch. The formal dining room features the home~s original chandelier. There is a half-bath on the first floor and an office with original built-in cabinets.Upstairs is an impressive master suite with a private porch, walk-in closet, bedroom, and a sitting room with a natural gas fireplace. The master bathroom is tiled in marble with soapstone counters and a steam shower. A laundry room was added to the second floor. There are an additional 4 large bedrooms and two full baths on the second and third floors. The basement has a large, finished recreation room with a working wood fireplace, a quarter bath, the original laundry area, and plenty of unfinished storage space.Enjoy the beautiful backyard from a new flagstone patio. An invisible fence and an irrigation system were recently added. The backyard has a custom Amish-built storage shed, a custom playhouse, and a recently paved driveway with parking for up to 6 vehicles.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
3 Full/2 Half
Sump Pump, Electric Water Heater, Gas Water Heater
Block, Brick, Glass, Hardi Plank
4,394 sq. ft
Above Ground, Cable TV, DSL Available, Natural Gas, Telephone
Frederick County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Storage, Office
- Master Bathroom
- Hookups in Basement
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen
- Central Vacuum, Dryer, Freezer, Microwave, Gas Range/Cooktop, Washer, Energy Star, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Marble, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s), Attic Fan
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating, Hot Water. Radiant, Radiators, Heat Pump, Zone, Central.
- Full, Heated, Partially Finished, Poured
- Storm Window, Wood Frame
- 3. Gas Burning.
- Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Recessed Lights, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- Street Parking, Private.
- Brick, Glass, HardeePlank
- Balcony, Porch
- Lawn Sprinkler, Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Flood Lights, Out Building, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard. Front Yard, Landscaping, Rear Yard.
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS