Woods Mill Farm: Breathtaking in beauty, historical significance, architectural detail, setting, function, and possibilities. This circa 1770 high-style brick Georgian manor house sits on 25 acres with a Pennsylvania ventilated brick-end bank barn featuring a 2-bedroom, 1-bath apartment in the lower level. There are an additional 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths inside the home itself. With its carefully integrated modern additions incorporating a federal-era smokehouse and stone kitchen wing, the home retains a high degree of historical integrity in materials, workmanship, and design. Inside the home itself, you will find many delightful surviving 18th and early 19th century details made eminently practical by double-pane windows throughout, double-pane storm door inserts, 6 working fireplaces converted to gas, a large modern kitchen with high-end appliances, modern central heating and air conditioning, and an elevator. The lovingly-maintained property, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, also includes a detached brick 2-car garage with a workshop, heated 4-high-bay machine building for necessary equipment, a working spring house re-constructed in stone on its original foundation, 2 restored ponds, a 17-KW standby generator and a gated brick privacy wall connecting the house and barn. The extensive grounds with approximately a half mile of frontage along Israel Creek offer both privacy and beautiful pastoral and forested views.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Georgian
3 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Hot Water Heater, Oil Hot Water Heat
Gravity Septic System
5,227 sq. ft
Yes - 6 spaces
Frederick County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Library, Attic
- Master Bathroom
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Cook Top Range, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Appliance Center, Washer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Humidifier, Ice Maker, Refrigerator, Stove, Trash Compactor
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile
- Central Air, Electric
- Oil. Forced Air.
- Partial, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished, Walkout
- 6. Gas Burning, Mantle, Brick.
- Elevator, Main Level Entry, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Window Treatment, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 6 Garage Spaces.
- Shake, Hip
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building, Back Yard. Partly Wooded, Pond, Rear Yard, Rural, Stream/Creek.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price